I am so excited (and feeling quite guilty for it actually), the next two weeks are about to be consumed with proper sleeps, taking care of myself and spending some much needed quality time with my fiancée!!
On Saturday Nana is off to respite. Granted it’s has been making the past few days impossible, and no doubt will make the next few days even worse. Even the carers have commented on her behaviour of late. She’s not happy about going, she never is, but I can’t be expected to take care of her for 2weeks solid on my own when I am so sleep deprived and frankly sick fed up of it. It’s not that I’m not coping; I am actually coping quite well. I’m being selfish and blatant about it actually, I can’t be bothered; I want peace and quiet and time for myself. At the end of the day nobody else out with this house who would be willing to take her for even a few days never mind a fortnight, therefore I feel that after 4months of solid 24/7 care from me, I am definitely entitled to a little break. Long story short, nana has gone into a mega huff and all the progress I had made in terms of personal care (that’s like showering, dressing etc) and actually wearing her hearing aid and washing her teeth is right out the window. She’s just not playing ball in the hope that mum will say it’s ok to stay here. Which it is I suppose, just I won’t be here to oversee it if that is the case, her other kids will need to step up... ha!
Into Nana’s second week in respite, mum is off to Egypt. Even more peace and quiet :P I was thinking of going away while mum is, given all going on lately I don’t trust them not to cause a barny. They’ve continued to bump their gums in the hope that if you repeat the same lie over and over it becomes truth. Mum seems to think that they’ll either turn up at the door or spout of more rubbish that will get back to me and I’ll fly off the handle (a fair assumption to make actually). Then I think about it and no way am I leaving my house for them. Therefore I shall stay here with my wee mental sister and wonderful bloke and just enjoy the down time. Cook some nice meals, watch some rubbish films and just enjoy the quiet. Besides, nothing to worry about, anything kicks off I’ll give dad a bell, or better still the police, which I should have done after I was threatened and just done as Mum and Mark told me, but gave the benefit of the doubt. Actually I felt that was a bit extreme, because as much as I can’t stand them and I really can’t, one is putting herself through nursing at college, and I didn’t want to screw up her disclosure.
Still going camping next week with Mark (help!). All the equipment has been ordered and I am positively cacking myself! Job shop appointments have been changed to weekly blahhhhh! I have ensured we’re camping near a B&B though which is good :) I had an interview with pertemps yesterday so I’m quite positive about that. Been bumped up the housing list, which is fab. Things are definitely looking up, I mean I know people are still lying and generally being a bit plebby, but for Mark and I it’s nothing in the scale of it all. They will be the ones looking silly, while we’ll have had our wee holiday, be in our own place and settled. OHHHHH and a friend of mum’s, well the family, Donna is selling us her sofa, coffee table, side tables and telly stand for £500!! That’s our living room pretty much sorted cause dad’s getting us a telly! Thanks Donna :)
Things are looking up indeedy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment