Thursday, 13 May 2010

updatage!!

I've decided that because I can't sleep I'd bore you all with some of my random thoughts and events of the past couple of days! That along with the fact that I've unintentionally zoned myself off from the world over the last few months with all going on and well some of my pals had unanswered phone calls and texts wondering whether or not I was dead and well I had basically turned my phone off so thought a wee update wouldn't go amiss!

The flats coming along nicely! The bedroom and livingroom decorating is complete, the bed is in but the gomper carpet man hasn't come back to fit our carpet yet. With no carpet down I don't see the point in shipping in all our furniture, that dad is kindly storing for us in his spare room and cellar, only to have to shift it about while the carpet is going down. In the meantime mum is kindly putting us up, which is fab of her, but comes with it's own problems. She is slap bang in the middle of exam time at uni and well you can imagine the tension hanging over the house at the moment. I don't ever remember being that bad when I was at uni, but if I was I have a lot to be sorry about! The students these days get it easy though, they have cut 2 classes per semi but apparently less pressure = more stress, I'm struggling to suss that one out! So we've had all mum's uni pals over throughout the last week for study sessions and to share their nerves, that's been helpful!

Joshua, my cousin that I tutor is doing fab though! I'm so proud of him! His exams start on Monday and I'm not in the slightest bit worried. We got off to a bad start because my way of studying was very different to his, I'm a dork and he thinks studying is reading super quickly during half time of a footy match! We compromised though and in the end settled into studying with the football on in the background with us facing away from the telly! Win win! He's sitting credit in all his classes now! That's my boy!

Nana had her assessment and has settled in well in her new home, so they are happy to keep her on there. It's good because I don't think she could have handled another move, she had 3 in as many months! Been visiting more regularly and she insists on showing me round everyone saying "this is my wee lassie, the one that's getting married to that english bloke". She also still calls Mark "Alan" and demands a dance off him anytime he tags along for a visit and still sings "time to go home" to him. I find it hilarious, mainly because Mark is a quiet guy and goes redder than his hair anytime she fancies a wee jig with him! Bless!

I've become surrogate master to the most gorgeous little puppy in the world! Gillian had been off her work with a bad hip when she first got him so was about loads to mind him but working in a private nursery she only gets ssp when she's off and that isn't enough to live on. Especially when she and lumpy gravy (David her fella) are buying a house this year! So she tottered off back to work (still in a lot of pain) and left Cooper with me. She said she'd breed him just once so I could have his baby! (not meant literally!) However, he's an early starter, and with that comes temper tantrums and houdini style antics! I was less than impressed the other day when he escaped into the neighbours garden (who does not have a gate). I had to climb the fence, get him, pass him over and then get myself back over. Not as easy as it sounds! On the way back over the bottom of my jeans caught on the post and resulted in me falling face first onto our grass! Any sensible person would have put their hands out to break their fall. Turns out I'm not that sensible! Anyway seen as he's on half toilet trained, in that he's very good during the day (because I don't give him the option to not be) and a messy sod at night, Gildo got him one of those training cages. He's really not that fond of it...




Look at that wee face!! I went down to make a cuppa and found him like this! Against Gillian's "rules" I had him out for a wee cuddle and sneaked him a treat! Poor baby!

Mark's back is doing much better now! He stopped the physio because it really wasn't doing anything for him and we have our own therapy now! Every other night he has me walk on his back! Helps him, but my balance is shocking for an ex trampolinist and I usually fall over! Can't wait to get into our own we place, I miss curling up on the couch with him, random play fights and snoggage from my wee hairy raggamuffin! All the things I couldn't do with the mammy monster about! I can't even say "love you" if he calls and I'm at mums without a right slagging!

Finally the wedding type stuff is going really well! We confirmed St Matthews in Paisley for the ceremony and well it was always going to be the Lynnhurst for the reception (seriously you have to check out the bath in the honeymoon suite... walk in jacuzzi and a telly that is a mirror when it's turned off, real fire and just yowza!). Cars are booked, dress is in (can't tell you how hard it is knowing its there and not going over every day to just sit in it!), flowers, photographer, videographer, piper, cake, chair covers and invites all ticked off my list too! Still working on getting Mark into a kilt but I may have to just wise up and accept it isn't going to happen! 10months to go!! Can't wait!! Did get the fright of my life when one of the invite samples came addressed to "Pamela Lingard" it was so bizarre seeing it written. Tried practicing the signature, it doesn't look right but I have plenty time to practice!

I've ran out of things to say but I'm still wide awake so will probably go make more study notes for Josh. Or I could go drool over, I mean watch Russell Howard on Iplayer, but if Mark wakes up to see that I will have to listen to him bang on about how hot Kiera Knightly is, and probably wake in the morning to not only his phone background covered by her but mine too, and the pc! I'll take my chances :P night! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment