Thursday, 21 January 2010

Really Bloody Sucky!

From this point on that is what RBS will be known as to me!! As you all know from time to time I am partial to a little complaint, rant or twenty two, today is just one of those days!

Since I was still up at midnight last night I thought I would check if my pennies had gone into my account, when they failed to show up I decided to call telephone banking (a supposedly 24 hour service for all RBS customers). They said to check again at 2.30am as this was when the system would update. Fine and dandy, I potter on for the next few hours sprucing up the kitchen and doodling. 2.30am comes and I check and am very happy to see that a puny amount of monies has in fact gone into my account. The reason I was so on edge about it was I said I would help a friend who found herself in a bit of a sticky spot being £15 down and desperately needing this money in her account no later than 8am that morning, to be returned a few days later when she got paid.

All ticketyboo, I called telephone banking to transfer the money. Now my friend banks with RBS too so the transfer should have gone through instantly, but I was told this was not the case that it would not go into her account until Friday morning (after being told at midnight it would have gone in at 9pm on Thursday morning). Not panicking too much I asked was there any way around this and was told I could do it with my internet banking. Fired up the laptop to find that my card reader facilities were not enabled, I called the helpdesk who should actually be called the hopeless desk, they were rude, of no assistance and just plebby. There is no other word for it! By this point I had been on the phone to them (an 0845 number might I add) on and off for about an hour and 20minutes. 6 stories later, a small fortune of money wasted on the phone and exactly 4 “hers”, one “stroppy cow” and several sighs I am no further forward!

In the past I have banked with HBOS and TSB, Mark has been with Alliance and Leister, Barclay and Abbey and each and every one of these banks offer immediate transfer between customers of the same branch! So why not Really Bloody Sucky? I spoke to a supervisor, she pretty much said that the only way I would be able to do this in the future was to change bank… way to sell your crappy company love!

I have decided, as a direct result of their attitude, incompetence and sheer flanginess that they can ram their account, mine and Mark’s joint account and the savings account! I’m so mad that they had the stupidity to think they could talk to any other person the way they spoke AT me, woe betide them if they don’t get their dithering digits out their pitiful posteriors and reply to my very carefully worded complaint!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment