Have just been woken up by the 1.29am number 9 bus. This is really becoming a bit of a problem for me. Directly across from my bedroom window is the bus stop where the nightshift drivers like to take their break, not a problem they are entitled to. What I don't understand is why they have to leave their roaring engines running for the 20mins it takes for them to have their break. My sleep pattern is now in time with the number nine service running Linwood to Glasgow! EVERY fourty minutes through the night until 7am when it runs every ten minutes!
That's not what I'm a bit irritated by tonight though. After being woken I thought I'd snuggle on the sofa (so my wriggling did not disturb one very worn out hubby) turn on fox news and bore myself to sleep with the dribble they call news! For ten minutes solid they babbled on about this Strauss-Kahn case.
Now don't get me wrong here, if the guy did do it they should throw the book at him. No means no and no woman should ever have to go through anything like that. Yet, I can't help but wonder if the way it's being handled is really fair. This guy has been accussed of rape, but whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty. Do we have a right to this information because of who he is? Without saying whether I think he did it or not, because really who are we to judge, how could that man possibly recover from this if he was found innocent? You'll have the misery brigade who will say "well, there is no smoke without fire!" and there will always be that doubt around him. He's had to resign because of this, he is a family man with a wife and children so you have to think how is this impacting on them. It's the same with all this super-injuction nonsense. WHO CARES!!! I'm sorry but I am not in the least bit interested if some over priced football manager has had a fling with some randomer he met at a nightclub. Live and let live, it's not for us to scold, judge or criticise! So long as you are living a life that follows your own morals, values, religion then why sould we bog ourselves down on all this fishmongering? The amount of comments I've seen on facebook and twitter relating to all this nonsense makes me wonder is the world really that sad that we have to be entertained by what so called celebrities have messed up on? We have to have their misery to give us something decent to watch? What makes them any more or any less entitled to a little privacy? It's sad but that's the world we live in!
Ahh, I do enjoy a good Pammi rant :D *hugs*
ReplyDeleteGlad it entertains someone lol fell asleep about an hour later only to be woken at 4.29am so sleepy today!!
ReplyDeletejust fed up of hearing that nonsense, about time they focused on some real news! *hugs* x