Friday, 13 May 2011

Hip and happenin'!

So I didn't stick to my blog a month promise! I suck! I'm here now though!

For a wee change I do have a valid excuse, and not just "I couldn't be bothered"! Since getting married I've been kept off my feet, not busy, just unable to use my legs very well! I'll explain later!

First, the wedding!  It really was everything we dreamed it would be!  Kirsty was the only one of my friends allowed to come to the house before I went to the church, but heard mum giving her strict orders not to cry cause they had only just calmed me down... yes I was throwing up like a good one that morning!  Once they all left, was just daddy and I, last daddy daughter chat with me still his little girl! More tears!! The rain stayed off, brill start! The service was lovely, despite the fact I cried all the way though it... it was happy tears though, I promise!  Mark looked soooo handsome in his kilt!  The bridesmaids were gorgeous! The best man and ushers were so smart and did a wonderful job! The best man signed the register wrong, signing where our Pastor Wesley should have signed but I was glad of a giggle!

The reception was wonderful, to have all my family and most of my friends all in one place sharing our special day was amazing and I couldn't have asked for more!  Mark's speech was perfect, he's a man of few words, especially when it comes to speaking of feelings, but he allowed himself to get caught up in his emotions and even recited a poem!  We had our first dance to the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra's version of "Hero" and dad and I had our dance to "Wind beneath my wings" - yup you guessed it, more crying!  All in all we had a blast and are now officially a little unit, the Lingards!  I couldn't be happier!  The evening reception was so much fun and I even managed to do the cha cha slide with my friends in that dress! how I managed it I will never know, but I genuinely am proud of myself for it! the dress weighed more than me I swear!!

THE DRESS



Mum, baby sister and Chief Bridesmaid Gillian, Me and Daddy bear


Me and my new husband, Mark

Just Married :)

 Dad and I on our way to the church


So that was the wedding day!  In the process of making copies of the videos at the moment and will get them sent out to the guys who want one asap!

On the down side, I've lost power in my right hip/leg at the moment and am relying on my crutches and Mark to get about!   Waiting to see my consultant again, and in the meantime will be attending hydrotherapy in the hope I can get some muscle tone back as normal physio is too tough on my much weakened leg and hip muscles! There's talk of operations, and I'm playing the waiting game at the moment while we await results from the genetics team and a few others to see what is the best move for me! I'm just hoping it's sorted soon! It has prevented us going on honeymoon, impacts on every aspect of my life and although I am finding ways each day to get around it, doing things in a different way to make things possible, it is starting to bother me a little!  I don't like being held back, am not the sit down and take it kind of girl! For now though, it seems I'm going to have to be that girl and try not to lose my marbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment