So I'm doing a scrapbook for nana at the moment. Nothing overly fancy because this is the first scrapbook I've ever attempted. Just a fancy photo album that has photo's of my mum, aunts and uncles growing up, then us grandkids and finishing with her great grandson, Aaron.
In preparation, I dragged down all the old photo's, school reports, and all sorts from the cupboard in mum's room in the hope to find some good ones and some right embarrassing ones. Anyways long story short I found one of my old school jotters from 1993, when I would have been 8 years old. I thought it would be nice to show you all I was as full of mince then as I am today, so here we go, a little poem of mine from 16 years ago! ha!
The Wind
I came blinded by the wind to school today.
Usually I run and laugh
But today the wind blew me back again.
And I pushed my shoulders against him.
My hair flew across my face,
So that I could not see as on I tried to walk.
Then his strength blew be back again.
I think the wind went mad today!
So there we go lol I was going to scan it in, but it's in pencil and wasn't coming up to clear! I also wrote such classics as "My giant" and "the squirrel" haha oh and does anyone remember Mike's bike? Well my own version of that is there too! Man I was a wee blether in school!
Nice poem. I like your blog. Check out my blog and see what you think.
ReplyDelete